main

main

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend (2 of 4) - The Real Meaning






As I was trying on Mary Clark's Easter outfit earlier in the week I tried to explain to her the real meaning of Easter. Now I know she cannot understand but eventually she will. I told her that for the first 5 to 10 years of her life it would seem mostly about bunnies and eggs but that the true reason we celebrate was Jesus' Resurrection. I told her about the new life He gave us and that this time of year brings new life to God's beautiful earth. The trees and grass become green again and the flowers bloom. It is truly a wonderful time year and my favorite holiday.

Sunday morning we attended the 11am service at our church Trinity United Methodist. The music, flowers and message were all wonderful. I included a few shots. Mary Clark slept in my arms the entire time and barely made a peep!

No comments:

Post a Comment