main

main

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mary Clark






So here is the last of my initial entries, hopefully I'll be able to update once a week if not biweekly.

We found out we were pregnant in late May of last year. We were thrilled and though we were in the middle of selling our house and buying a new one we quickly shifted our focus. Both events kind of made the time go quickly. When I was frustrated we'd had 14 showings of the house and no offers I'd remember the miracle that was happening with our baby. And when all I could think about was how I wanted "baby" to hurry up and get here we'd get some good feedback on the house. So right around the time I hit 12 weeks we got an offer on our house. This was good bc it took about 5 to 6 weeks to close, get moved and settled. And then... we went for the big ultra sound and found out the Lord would bless us with a little GIRL!

We quickly began calling her Mary Clark as we'd decided on this months before. Heath's Mom is Mary Ann, his grandmother Mary Ruth and 2 of his great grandmothers were also Mary. Clark is my mother's maiden name. We liked the way the two sounded together so it was an easy decision.

We quickly began planning for her; showers, the nursery and child care for her after my initial 12 weeks off from work. She'll actually be with my Mom until she is around 5 months and I am so thankful for that. "Nana" absolutely adores her and I love knowing they'll be spending so much time together. In August she'll start with Mrs. Debbie, a good friend of ours who conveniently lives close to my office. The Lord has certainly blessed us with hopefully an easy transition.

So, on February 25Th at exactly 5pm (literally), Mary Clark arrived. She weighed 6lbs and 6 ounces and was 20 inches long. She had a head full of brown hair and if I must say was pretty darn cute.

She has been a great baby so far, sleeps good stretches at night and is a great eater. Sure enough she'll changed after I post this but I do need to give her credit.

So, that's where we are as of now.. tomorrow is our first Easter (my fave holiday of the year) so I'll be back with some pics of that. We also have our first birthday party today, Miss Ellie Prewett. She is the daughter of our dear friends Mandy and Rusty. I hope Ellie and Mary Clark will be buddies one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment